15 August 2009

Grilled steak tacos

After a busy day out with my friend Nicki and her two boys and newborn baby, I am ready for a lazy evening in. We spent the late morning/afternoon at Big Truck Day at Calistoga park. It was a fun, but exhausting, day. Luckily, I had already planned our meals and grocery shopping on New Seasons' Web site, so the shopping trip was easy.

Tonight's plan: grilled steak tacos. I've made a similar dinner before when our friend Jeremy was visiting. This time, I decided to spice up the marinade. Here's (more or less) a recipe:
  • Juice from two limes
  • Few tablespoons vegetable oil
  • Couple tablespoons chili powder
  • Dash (or two) of cayenne pepper
  • Teaspoon of oregano
I whisked that together in a Tupperware container and threw in our nearly one pound cut of London Broil (seasoned with salt and pepper of course), a cut of meat that was on sale for $4.99/lb at New Seasons this week. I let that marinade on the counter for about a half hour.

We put the meat and couple thick slices of white onion over the grill until the meat was medium rare, then threw the corn tortillas on to get warm and a little chewy, so the juice from the meat wouldn't tear them. After pulling it from the grill, I squeezed a little more lime on the meat and let it rest for five minutes.

The result:
Not bad for $4.80 of meat, which will also give us another meal. Make sure to slice thin so it is tender.

A delicious way to start Saturday night.

Many colors make for a delicious dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment