24 December 2008

Eat Here: Mint/820

Tuesday night our friends Eve-Maridy and Tobias saved me from the snow and we met Shawn at Mint/820 for happy hour. I discovered this place with a few friends about two years ago when we went for the half-price wine night (every Monday). The restaurant is in an odd place, next to the McMenamins White Eagle Tavern and the Widmer Brothers Gasthaus, but it's fitting. It's definitely urban, but I don't get that YOU DON'T BELONG vibe when I go in there. The service has always been pleasant and food delicious.

Our happy hour in 820, the bar, turned into happy hour in the resaurant since the heat was broken (bad timing). Tuesday nights they have a great deal--$5 Oregon spirits. There was a limited menu, but no matter...they had martinis on it. You may have heard of the owner who is famous for her inventive cocktails--Lucy Brennan. I haven't tried too many of the concoctions, but I'm sure they are good. I just prefer a straight up martini.

For dinner, I enjoyed the spicy Caesar and the cuban lamb burger. I've had this burger a couple times now and it always amazes me how absolutely perfect it is. The meat is so tender and juicy and it comes with perfectly crisp sweet potato fries with a spicy aioli to dip them in. For $8 on the happy hour menu, it's not a bad meal. In fact, I probably could've done without the salad, but it just sounded good. I highly recommend hitting happy hour, or a dinner there. We had a great time, despite the heat problem. Perfect evening with great friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment