23 February 2009

Adventures in flatbread

We were invited to our friends Paul and Ann's house for dinner on Saturday night to celebrate (officially) Michael's 35th birthday, and to talk a bit about house sitting for them while they are in Africa (so jealous). We were in charge of salad, and Michael tipped us off that Paul would be preparing lamb skewers. I found a Mediterranean-style salad in my Test Kitchen cook book with radicchio, romaine, chickpeas, feta, and a basic balsalmic vinaigrette. I took a risk and decided to try out flatbread, as well. I didn't tell anyone, besides Shawn, that I was going to attempt it, just in case it was a disaster.

Lo and behold, it turns out I can make flatbread. And got some rave reviews.

5 comments:

  1. Wow - those look amazing! Where did you get the recipe?
    And I love the new look, although I have to change my link now :). The masthead looks awesome - I wish I had some skills in html.

    ReplyDelete
  2. America's Test Kitchen--where else? It was actually a "great for beginners" recipe, and only took about 2 hours with all the rising and everything. And thanks! I actually just made the masthead in Photoshop and chose to use a photo instead of the default.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, you changed your blog's name! That's just confusing. The flatbread looks delicious though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look yummy! You should make some tzatziki to go with them next time. Double yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I should really just change it every few months to make sure NO ONE reads it. That would be wise.

    ReplyDelete