02 March 2009

No bake weekend

Sad. I meant to make multigrain bread yesterday, but when I got back from my run, soaked, cold, and tired, it just wasn't happening. I'm about 2 weeks away from my 15k race for the Shamrock Run, so the running schedule is getting a little longer and harder.

I promise that I'll have a bread post next week though! However, this is not solely a bread blog, or I would've named it such. I did do some cooking over the weekend. I'm sure everyone who has read this blog more than once knows I have a small obsession with America's Test Kitchen cook books. And with good reason. I have made their whole grain mustard pan sauce for chicken before and the high-fat version is, of course, to die for. But this weekend I tried the low-fat version from the Best Light Recipes book and I swear, there is no difference. At about half the fat and a third of the calories, I think I'll be using that sauce from now on. The best part, to me, is that besides being healthier, there aren't any weird ingredients involved. I have a problem with recipes that have you sub extra sugar or salt to cover up the fact that you've taken fat out. Hence why I'm obsessed with the test kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment