I've also been wanting to try grilled pizza. I've been reading a lot about it in FoodDay and in blogs lately. What a great way to avoid heating up the kitchen AND making pizza. I started the dough Sunday morning (whole wheat since I ran out of bread flour) and the 2 lbs I made was enough for 4 pizzas.
- Fresh basil and fresh mozzarella (not quite margherita, but close)
- Tri-color peppers and mozzarella
- Artichoke hearts, mozzarella, and fresh basil
- Gruyere and bacon (bought at farmers market), with a few sweet 100s tomatoes from Stacey's garden (pictured)
- Don't set the porch on fire by allowing Shawn to use lighter fluid
- Grill one side of the dough, take it off the heat for a few minutes before decorating it and let it rest before putting it back on the grill to finish cooking; makes for some outrageously delicious crust
- We are pizza toppings geniuses (or, at least advanced)